Wellness is an active process of becoming aware of and making choices toward a healthy and fulfilling life. Wellness is more than being free from illness, it is a
dynamic process of change and growth. Maintaining an
optimal level of wellness is absolutely crucial to live a higher quality life. Wellness matters. Wellness matters because everything we do and every emotion we feel
relates to our well-being. In turn, our well-being
directly affects our actions and emotions. It’s an ongoing circle. Therefore, it is important for everyone to achieve optimal wellness in order to subdue stress,
reduce the risk of illness and ensure positive interactions.
“According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services:
- 59% of employees do not get adequate exercise
- 50% or more have high cholesterol
- 27% have cardiovascular disease
- 26% are overweight by 20 percent or more
- 24% have high blood pressure
Employee health affects more than just medical costs. A healthy workforce is a more productive workforce. Did you know that between 70 to 90 percent of health care spending is caused by preventable, modifiable health risks such as the ones bulleted above? Unhealthy lifestyle choices often lead to chronic diseases, costing businesses more than one trillion dollars in lost productivity alone. What all of thismeans is that promoting healthier behaviors can really pay off … the reason that workplace wellness is such a hot topic right now.
There are many different types of wellness programs. The essence of these programs is to encourage individuals to take preventive measures to avert the onset or worsening of an illness or disease and to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
As healthcare costs continue to rise, it makes sense that addressing the specific needs of an employee population and maximizing the engagement and participation of workplace wellness programs is critical. But how can you change behaviors?
CATALYTIC ROLE OF EMPLOYERS
Changing our behavior is ultimately up to each of us as individuals. However, employers have a tremendous opportunity to help their employees see the value of adopting healthier behaviors so that they can live healthier lives.
A workplace culture sets the tone for its employees. A supportive work environment, where managers reinforce a sound wellness strategy, can keep employees motivated and engaged. Wellness and incentive programs can be used to drive and reinforce healthy behaviors, bringing benefits to the employer, the employee, and to the community,” Karen Smith, Director of Health & Wellness Services at Rose & Kieman, Inc.
In fact, over the years, the catalytic importance of the health and wellness of employees and their leaders has become increasingly clear. This is why an increasing number of Employers the world over have instituted Health & Wellness Programs for Employees and their Leaders as an integral part of their corporate vision for increased productivity and effectiveness.
HOW MAADILI LEADERSHIP SOLUTIONS CAN HELP
It is, indeed, in this view that Maadili Leadership Solutions is hereby inviting you to a 5-Step journey to self-discovery, self-consciousness, self-actualization, self- mastery – structured into a 3-Day Retreat — as outlined below:
Module !: Know Thyself – Mind Body Spirit
Each Participant to Duly Complete the Mind Body Type Questionnaire (Dosha Quiz) and to Submit/Email Copy to Maadili Leadership Solutions for Analysis and Feedback
Knowledge, Skills and T ools for Self- Discovery, Self-Management, Self-Care. In Particular:
- (a) Each Participant’s Mind Body Type at Conception,
- (b) Each Participant’s Current Mind Body State of Balance,
- (c) Relationship Dynamics as a Result of Mind Body Type Constituencies of Team/Family Members
- (d) For more details, see Section on the Versatility of the Dosha Quiz.
Module 2: Food As Medicine
Participants to Monitor and Document Their Eating and Drinking Habits Over One Week – Using Maadili Leadership Solutions Worksheet – in Order to Determine Areas for Possible Adjustment
Knowledge & Skills for Holistic Food & Nutrition Practices and Habits That Will Facilitate the Attainment and Maintenance of Vibrant Health, Appropriate Weight and Optimized Digestion.
Module 3: Detoxification, Regeneration, Renewal
Each Participant to Monitor and Document Their Daily Time Use Routines Over One Week – Using Maadili Leadership Solutions Worksheet – in Order to Determine Areas for Possible Adjustment
Each Participant will learn:
(a) How to Identify and Eliminate Toxins That Accumulate in Their Minds and Bodies,
(b) Holistic Techniques to Release Stress, as well as
(c) Secrets for Restful Sleep.
Module 4: Emotional Freedom
Each Participant Will Learn:
Each Participant to Undertake an Assignment on One Difficult Relationship of Their Choice, in Their Private or Public Sphere of Influence
- (a) Why Emotional Freedom Is The Key to Their Physical, Mental & Emotional Health,
- (b) How to Use Conscious Communication T echniques to Transform Their Private & Public Relationships
- (c) Drawing Up/Refinement of (i) a Personal Life Vision as Well as (ii) a Team/Family Joint Vision
Module 5: Inner Pharmacy/5 Gateways to Metabolize Sensory Experiences
Each Participant Will Learn How to Harness the Healing Powers of:
(a) Sound (b) Touch (c) Sight (d) Taste (e) Smell
Session 6: Graduation Ceremony
During This Closing Session, Each Participant Will:
- Receive a Chopra Wellness Centre University’s Certificate of Attendance,
- Declare/Reaffirm Your Personal Life Vision, Goals, Strategies, Action Plan,
- Participants Sponsored by Employers Will Have a Chance to Declare/Reaffirm Their Individual and Collective Commitment to the Refined Strategic Vision, Goals, Objectives, Plans for Increased Productivity as well as for Harmonious Team Relationships.
COST CALCULATIONS FORMULA
IN USA DOLLARS
RETURN BUSINESS CLAS AIR TICKECT
For Events Away from Dar-es-Salaam
DAILY SUSBSISTENCE ALLOWANCE
As Per United Nations Daily Subsistence Allowance Rates for Venue
PERFECT HEALTH MANUAL
30.00 Per Manual
STATIONERY, CERTIFICATES OF ATTENDANCE
50.00 Per Person
2,500.00 Per Person for the 3-Day Course
Negotiable for Big Groups
COMMUNICATION, INCIDENTAL COSTS
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- 70% advance payment for tuition fees and administrative costs,
- 100% payment of daily subsistence allowance
- 30% final settlement upon receipt of training course report.
For Further Details, Please Contact
Scholastica Sylvan Kimaryo Founder & Chief Executive Maadili Leadership Solutions P. O. Box 23195, Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
EMAIL: WEBSITE: MOBILE: